Highly resilient, flexible geogrid with a proven track record in soil reinforcement.
The flexible, high-strength Fortrac® geogrid boasts a 20-year-plus track record in soil reinforcement applications. The geogrids are made from high-modulus, low-creep synthetic materials enclosed in a protective polymer coating. Moreover, they are manufactured in such a way as to guarantee high stability at the intersections. High-modulus polyester (PET) has been the standard raw material for our geosynthetics for over 20 years. In some cases, special requirements have prompted the use of advanced polymers, e.g. polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and aramid. While aramid guarantees exceptionally high axial stiffness, PVA offers high axial stiffness in conjunction with extra-high resistance to chemicals – specifically, alkaline substances – in the soil.
- High tensile strength in conjunction with low strain
- High available strength up to 2500kN
- Excellent long-term performance due to low creep
- High resistance to chemicals and microorganisms in soil, UV radiation and mechanical damage
- Good interlock due to optimum sizing of geogrid mesh to suit maximum soil particle size
- Simple installation thanks to low weight per unit area and flexibility/adaptability
- Wide range of available strengths for both uniaxial and biaxial structures
- Project-specific choice of raw materials possible
Why choose Fortrac®?
Fortrac® geogrids can be manufactured from alternative raw materials where these better meet project requirements. The product’s high flexibility allows easy handling and problem-free installation. Roll widths of 16 ft 5 in (5 m) promote the efficient and sustainable use of raw materials by minimizing losses due to overlapping.
Fortrac® is a registered trademark of HUESKER Synthetic GmbH.