High-performance sealing for groundwater protection, contaminated site remediation and hydraulic engineering
Tektoseal® is the result of continuing development of industrially manufactured sealing systems, which has taken into account the latest findings in research and development. As a result of many years of experience in manufacturing bentonite composites, with Tektoseal® HUESKER has succeeded in developing a high-performance product with the best possible sealing and installation features which meet current recommendations and guidelines.
Tektoseal® is a highly developed, perfectly matched multi-component system consisting of extremely robust geosynthetics containing sodium bentonite granulated material. Using the latest production equipment these components are processed with a special precision needling technique to produce a homogeneous sealing layer across the entire surface area of the liner.
Tektoseal® consists of three components:
1: Carrier material made of high tensile woven fabric
2: Sodium bentonite granulate for sealing
3: Nonwoven surface layer
- Higher inner friction angle and increased shear strength as a result of precision needling
- Optimised outer friction characteristics making it suitable for use on steeper slopes
- Very good sealing effect resulting from the ability of sodium bentonite to swell
- Low formation of dust owing to the use of granulated material
- Low sensitivity to subsidence
- Self-healing effect as protection against mechanical damage
- Less sealing material = less excavated soil = more effective volume
- Improved life cycle assessment as a result of conserving resources
- Cost-efficient when compared to mineral seals
- Durable due to the high chemical resistance
- Quick and easy to install because of optimised roll widths and lengths
Why choose Tektoseal®?
As a result of the special manufacturing techniques used to produce Tektoseal® it is not only particularly economical, it is also environmentally friendly. Its extremely thin construction 3/8 in. (<10 mm) achieves at least the same sealing effect as a conventional clay liner. In addition, continual monitoring during the production process ensures a consistently high level of quality in the structure.
Tektoseal® is a registered trademark of HUESKER Synthetic GmbH.